17) Goebbels 31.1.41: "Mit Bouhler Frage der stillschweigenden Liquidierung von Geisteskranken besprochen. 40000 sind weg, 60000 müssen noch weg. Das ist eine harte, aber auch notwendige Arbeit. Und sie muß jetzt getan werden. Bouhler ist der rechte Mann dazu" [source].
18) Deutche Zeitung in der Niederlanden, Nr. 98, 10.9.41, p.2: "Dieser teuflische Plan entpuppt such bei naeherem Zusehen als ein Vernichtungsfeldzug gegen die Wolgadeutschen. Ihre planmaessige Ausrottung ist das Ziel die Gewalthaber in Kreml [source]."
19) Voelkische Beobachter, 11.9.41, p.1 (VB 254), headline: "Die Wolgadeutschen sollen nach Sibirien verbannt werden. Unter dem Vorwand der "Umsiedlung" voellige Ausrottung der letzten 400 000 Bauern deutscher Abstammung" cited in Wolfram Meyer zu Uptrup, Kampf gegen die "jüdische Weltverschwörung" : Propaganda und Antisemitismus der Nationalsozialisten 1919 bis 1945. Berlin: Metropol, 2003, p.387 (courtesy of Nick Terry).
20) Rosenberg 12.9.41: "Stalin now was also going to expel the remaining 400,000 Volga Germans to Siberia, that is, to murder them" [source].
21) Wolfgang Diewerge, Das Kriegsziel der Weltplutokratie. Dokumentarische Veröffentlichung zu dem Buch des Präsidenten der amerikanischen Friedensgesellschaft Theodore Nathan Kaufman “Deutschland muß sterben” (“Germany must perish”) (Berlin: Zentralverlag der NSDAP, 1941):
Who Should Die — Germans or Jews?
Here a modest point may be permitted: There are about 20 million Jews in the world.
How would it be if one wanted to treat 20 million Jews according to the proposal of their racial comrade Kaufman rather than 80 million Germans? Then peace would certainly be assured. For the Jew is the troublemaker, the warmonger, everywhere in the world [source and source].
22) Salitter 26.12.41:"Of the Bolsheviks, however, no Latvian wants to know, as there is rarely a family that has made it through the Soviet occupation without blood sacrifices. Their hatred is especially directed at the Jews. They have therefore from the moment of liberation until now participated copiously in the extermination of these parasites. However, as I found out especially regarding the railway personnel, they cannot understand why Germany brings the Jews to Latvia instead of having exterminated them in its own country [scan of German text; translation kindly provided by Roberto Muehlenkamp]."
23) Goebbels 27.4.42: "I talked to the Fuehrer once more in detail about the Jewish question. His attitude is unrelenting. He wants, under all circumstances, to push the Jews out of Europe. That is right. The Jews have brought so much misery to our continent that the severest punishment meted out to them is still too mild....[source]."
24) Goebbels 29.4.42: "The SD gave me a police report on conditions in the East. The danger of the Partisans continues to exist in unmitigated intensity in the occupied areas. The Partisans have, after all, caused us very great difficulties during the winter, and these difficulties have by no means ceased with the beginning of spring. Short shrift is made of the Jews in all eastern occupied areas. Tens of thousands of them are liquidated [source]."
25) Goebbels May 15, 1942: "A report from Paris informs me that a number of those who staged the last acts of terror have been found. About 99 per cent of them are eastern Jews [Ostjuden]. A more rigorous regime is now to be applied to these Jews. As far as I am concerned, it would be best if we either evacuated or liquidated all eastern Jews still remaining in Paris. By nature and race they will always be our natural enemies anyway [source]."
26) Thierack 14.9.42: "With regard to the destruction of asocial life, Dr Goebbels is of the opinion that the following groups should be exterminated: Jews and gypsies unconditionally, Poles who have to serve 3-4 -years of penal servitude, and Czechs and Germans who are sentenced to death or penal servitude for life or to security custody [Sicherungsvorwahrung] for life. The idea of exterminating them by labor is the best. For the rest however, except in the aforementioned cases, every case has to be dealt with individually. In this case, of course, Czechs and Germans have to be differently judged. There may be cases where a German sentenced to 15 years of penal servitude is not to be considered asocial, but in contrast to this a person sentenced to penal servitude up to 8 years may be [source]."
27) Thierack 18.9.42: "Delivery of asocial elements [asozialer Elemente] while serving penal sentences to the Reich Leader SS to be worked to death [zur Vernichtung durch Arbeit]. Persons under security detention, Jews, gypsies, Russians, and Ukrainians; Poles with more than 3-year sentences; and Czechs and Germans with more than 8-year sentences, will be turned over without exception, according to the decision of the Reich Minister of Justice [source and scan of German text]."
28) Thierack 13.10.42: "With a view to freeing the German people of Poles, Russians, Jews, and gypsies and with a view to making the Eastern territories which have been incorporated into the Reich available for settlements for German nationals, I intend to turn over criminal proceedings against Poles, Russians, Jews, and gypsies to the Reichsfuehrer SS. In so doing I base myself on the principle that the administration of justice can only make a small contribution to the extermination of members of these peoples. The Justice Administration undoubtedly pronounces very severe sentences on such persons, but that is not enough to constitute any material contribution towards the realization of the above-mentioned aim [source and scan of German text]."
29) Himmler April 1943 Kharkov speech: "The decision, therefore, lies here in the East; here must the Russian enemy, this people numbering two hundred million Russians, be destroyed on the battle field and person by person, and made to bleed to death.
It is my opinion - and here, I believe, I am speaking to men [p. 3] who already understand this - that we must conduct the war and our campaign on these lines:-how can we take the most men from the Russians-dead or alive? We shall do it by killing them or taking them prisoner and [p. 4] really putting them to work, by endeavoring to gain as much control as possible over any territory we occupy, and by leaving empty of people any territory we dispose of, any areas we make over to the enemy. Either they must be deported and will be used as labour in Germany for Germany, or they will just die in battle. To hand people back again, giving the enemy workers once more and enabling him to recruit again,-that I think, taking the broad view, would be absolutely wrong. That could not be advocated [source]."
30) Foreign Office, Inf. XIV, 'Anti-Jewish action abroad', 28.4.44, 3319-PS: "The physical elimination of Eastern Jewry would deprive Jewry of its biological reserves. Its present structure was characterized by its association with the three World-Powers. That association became obvious in the Soviet-Union through the ideological combination of Jewry and Bolshevism in England by the penetration of the leading class and in the United States by the occupation of decisive key positions in high finance. The Jewish question must be solved not only in Germany but also internationally."