1) Palfinger, 8.11.40: "a rapid dying out of the Jews is for us a matter of total indifference, if not to say desirable [YVA O.53/78, p.8; German text also here; translation in Browning, p.66]."
2) Stahlecker, 6.8.41: "an almost one hundred percent immediate cleansing of the entire Ostland of Jews [VEJ 7, pp. 511-514 (Dok. 181), here p.514]."
3) Lohse, 13.8.41: "The countryside is to be cleansed of Jews [source]."
4) Groscurth 21.8.41: "[Riedl] stated that he considers the extermination of the Jewish women and children to be absolutely necessary, regardless of how this is to be done [source]."
5) EM 80, 11.9.41: 23,600 Jews shot in Kamenets Podolsk [source].
6) Stahlecker, 15.10.41: "In accordance with the basic orders received, however, the cleansing activities of the Security Police had to aim at eliminating the Jews as far as possible [YVA O.51/18, p.35; Nuremberg translation amended by Streit, p.106]."
7) Walbaum, 13-16.10.41:
You are completely right. Naturally it would be the best and simplest to give the people sufficient provisioning possibilities, but that cannot be done. That is connected to the food situation and the war situation in general. Thus shooting will be employed when one comes across a Jew outside the ghetto without permission. One must, I can say it quite openly in this circle, be clear about it. There are only two ways. We sentence the Jews in the ghetto to death by hunger or we shoot them. Even if the end result is the same, the latter is more intimidating. We cannot do otherwise, even if we want to. We have one and only one responsibility, that the German people are not infected and endangered by these parasites. For that any means must be right [YVA O.53/145, p.65; VEJ 9, Dok. 14, p.100; English translation Christopher R. Browning, ‘Genocide and Public Health: German Doctors and Polish Jews, 1939-1941’, HGS 3/1, 1988, pp.21-36, here p.27].8) Kube 1.11.41 enclosing report of Carl: "persons shot have worked themselves out of their graves some time after they had been covered (1104-PS; YVA O.18/107)."
9) Kube, 23.11.42:
Jewry in the General District Minsk has in the first year of civilian administration been reduced to the number of about 30 000 in the whole General District. The flat land can be considered completely cleaned of Jews. Jewish ghettoes there are only in a number of larger cities of the General District. The inmates are under strict surveillance and consist only of indispensable skilled workers and labor forces that cannot be replaced by locals for the time being. Not a single Jew is being employed as an interpreter in White Ruthenia anymore. In the service of the German authorities and military entities there are only artisans and skilled workers left. In agreement with the Security Service the possibilities of further rolling back Jewry are constantly examined and initiated. Some attempts to accommodate new Jews in White Ruthenia through further Jewish transports from the Reich I have always rejected. In this context I call attention to the fact that the Reich Commissar refuses to protest against further Jewish transports to the Eastern Territories, as this question is the exclusive competence of the Security Police. As the Commander of the Security Police and the Security Service claims the exclusive decision-making in all Jewish matters also in White Ruthenia, I am restricted to suggestions from the Security Police in handling the Jewish question [YVA O.53/49, p.1, translation by Roberto Muehlenkamp here].10) Strauch 5.2.43:
Resettlement site (Umsiedlungsgelände):11) Strauch 10.4.43: "I think we can nevertheless be calm, because there used to be about 150 000 and now already 130 000 have disappeared" ("Ich glaube, wir können trotzdem beruhigt sein, denn vorhanden waren schätzungsweise 150 000 und es sind nun schon 130 000 verschwunden.") (YVA O.53/1, p.62, from documents submitted to the Heuser trial, translation by Roberto Muehlenkamp here). On the same page, Strauch stated:
At the resettlement site there are 2 pits. At each pit there work two groups of 10 leaders and men each, which relieve each other every 2 hours. (An jeder Grube arbeitet je eine Gruppe von 10 Führern und Männern, die sich alle 2 Stunden ablösen.) Times 8-10 hours, 10-12 hours, 12-14 hours, 14-16 hours (translation by Roberto Muehlenkamp here).
I would ask you to see to it that the Jew disappears at least where he is superfluous. We do not comprehend that there should be Jewish cleaning ladies, telephone operators, etc.; and also, we do not understand that so many bootblacks are needed. They are superfluous and therefore must disappear. We will manage quite well without Jews. We will reduce their numbers by half without encountering economic difficulties (translation by Haberer here).12) Horthy 7.5.43: "A further reproach of Your Excellency was that the [Hungarian] government has failed to take as far-reaching an action in the extirpation of the Jews as Germany had taken, or as would appear desirable in other countries." [source citing The Confidential Papers of Admiral Horthy, p. 255].
13) Hitler 8.5.43: "the junk of small states which still exists in Europe must be liquidated as quickly as possible" (Longerich, p.580, citing Goebbels' diary).
14) Strauch 25.7.43:
On 1 March 1942 an action was to take place against the Russian ghetto in Minsk. The Generalkommissar received prior notification. In order to disguise the action the Council of Elders was to be informed that 5,000 Jews from the Minsk ghetto were to be resettled [NO-2662].Strauch then stated that "It is clear, however, that the Gauleiter used his knowledge to save his Jews."
15) Horthy, 19.3.44: "Our crime is, therefore, that I have not fulfilled Hitler’s wish, and have not allowed the Jews to be massacred [Karsai, p.69, citing Demokrácia, 5.8.45, pp.1-2]."
16) Bierkamp, 20.7.44: "In the case of sudden emergency, which precludes the evacuation of the prisoners, they are to be liquidated, and the bodies of those shot are to be disposed as far as possible (burning, dynamiting of the building, etc.). In similar circumstances Jews still employed in the armaments industry or on other work are to be dealt with in the same way [source]."