Below find the text of an open letter I have send to Richard Krege, the Canberra, Australia-based Holocaust denier who says he visited Treblinka half a decade ago and conducted ground-penetrating radar studies there. Krege claims he found no mass graves, but he never published his results.
Dear Mr. Krege:
I listened with interest to your interview with Michael Collins Piper of Friday
night. During that interview you stated, regarding Dr. Richard Wright's study
on mass graves in Ukraine, "the report has never been published from that work."
This evoked laughter from Piper, and you added that you tried to obtain a copy
of Wright's studies, and "it's never been released."
I found this to be a pretty disingenuous claim on your part, considering that
you have published nothing regarding your own alleged studies at Treblinka. It has been several years since you claimed to go to Treblinka and fail to find any mass graves there, but we've seen nothing in the way of a scientific report from you.
That being the case, I am hereby requesting a copy of your results for my own
perusal. You may send them to me via e-mail or by fax at 215-893-1759. If you
prefer to mail them, please contact me and I will give you a postal address to
which you may send them.
Thanks in advance,
Andrew E. Mathis, Ph.D.
The Holocaust History Project
The above views are my own are do not represent the official views of the
Holocaust History Project or any of its individual members, except myself.
Listening to Piper's broadcast and his idiotic callers, I also learned some things:
(1) It is suspicious that the six death camps were in the Soviet occupation zone. No, it isn't. Far more Jews lived on the Eastern front, and thus it was far more expedient to locate the camps in the East rather than in the West.
(2) Six million Jews never lived in NS-occupied Europe. Yes, they did. The Nazis' own census of Jews in Europe shows nearly six million in Poland and Ukraine alone.
(3) The six million figure originates with Ilya Ehrenburg, head of the Soviet secret police. Ehrenburg didn't work for the secret police (in fact, he was arrested by the Cheka in 1918), and he didn't originate the six million figure. It originated after a Anglo-American Commission of Enquiry looked into the issue, and the figure they came up with was 5.8 million
(4) The gas chambers and oven would have to have been enormous to "process" six million Jews. John Zimmerman has definitely answered this question.
(5) Stalin carried out the Babi Yar massacre. Ukraine was fully under Nazi control at the time of the massacre. Stalin couldn't have carried out Babi Yar.
(6) Not one corpse has ever been found and autopsied that indicated gassing as the reason for death. That's because the bodies were cremated.
(7) There is no evidence other than eyewitness testimony to substantiate the "orthodox" Holocaust story. One look at this blog would show otherwise.
I've concluded that rank-and-file Holocaust deniers aren't a bright bunch. No surprise there, I guess...